Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Rainbow flavored dinner

A week ago I had made something i was hungry for. Stuffed pork chops, Corn, baked creamy mac n cheese.  I plated it up took a picture of it and turned my nose up to it. I gave the plate a twist, still not happy!


I held it under different light. I still was very depressed looking at this meal filled with YELLOW!

I went on and on about it to my friends on Facebook.  Someone said something about a "Roy G Biv" dinner. It hit me. What an amazing idea.  I had to wait I asked around, announced what i was doing. Went to the farmers market where I know I would find every color i needed.

Not sure what day i wanted to cook this "rainbow dinner" I let everything go and decided Sunday was when it would happen.  Not sure what protein we were going to have with it. I had many ideas of something colorful something full of flavor. Tuna perhaps.  Did i want to go back to the grocery store to pick up tuna? NO!

Well Sunday came the day started to to dwindle down after we went to brunch. I was not feeling well at all! My children were invited to Grandma's to spend the night.  But we still had to eat dinner.  Not in much of a mood to be creative i just washed up the potatoes diced them a few times chopped the pepper, carrots and onion.  Tossed everything in a pain with Olive oil, salt and pepper.  Thawed out two boneless skinless chicken breasts. Wanting it to be flavorful I went and trimmed some rosemary from my plant out side. Pulled a few peddles of thyme washed them slightly tossed them with the veggies that i then added a little lazy garlic (dried minced garlic). Seasoned the chicken with all the same things tossed it in the oven... This amazing thing happened

  My plate was amazing the colors were just what i wanted. I had envisioned me actually placing things on the plate in such a way that it resembled a rainbow. But i did not! I was still not feeling well and i was to tired to put that extra step in to it. 

I sat down to my chicken with  roasted veggies, baby spinich with heirloom tomatoes with walnuts and balsamic vinegar salad.

My mouth was soooo happy! Now that i have promised my friend once i make it to assure it was safe for others to eat I would make it for her. I must make this meal all over again. Thank you Kristi for the idea of this beautiful dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment